Teeth Whitening in Spring Branch, Houston, TX
Your smile has a direct impact on your social, work and love life. People who have a beautiful set of teeth and a charming smile tend to have better relationships, both at work and in their social circles. Unfortunately, stained and crooked teeth are the worst enemies of a beautiful smile. In addition the likelihood of getting discolored or stained teeth, due to dietary and lifestyle changes, is much greater in modern in today’s world than in the earlier times. Therefore, at Lifeworks Dental, we offer professional teeth whitening services to meet this need. We use a proprietary chemical to restore your dazzling smile and good looks.
What is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is a cosmetic dentistry procedure for removal of teeth stains and discoloration. Normally Carbamide peroxide is used, which when activated, releases hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide acts on the surface of teeth to remove the surface stains and discoloration.
How is Teeth Whitening Done?
Who Can Benefit from Teeth Whitening?
A professional teeth whitening procedure is beneficial for the treatment of following cosmetic dental problems:
- Extrinsic Teeth Stains – professional teeth whitening is highly effective in removing tea, coffee or tobacco stains which are deposited on outer enamel layer of the teeth. In addition, teeth stains which appear as a result of taking foods or drinks with strong colors can also be removed with professional whitening.
- Tetracycline Stains – most whitening formulas are unable to remove tetracycline stains which are deposited while the teeth are developing. The Opalescense by Ultradent whitening system used at Lifeworks Dental has the unique capability of removing these stains.
- To Change the Shade of your Teeth – if you are not happy with the shade of your natural teeth, professional teeth whitening is an excellent option for getting a lighter tooth shade which will significantly improve your smile and facial esthetics.
How Does Teeth Whitening Work?
At Lifeworks Dental, we use the proprietary Opalescense by Ultradent whitening system, which is recognized worldwide as one of the safest and most efficient systems. This system utilizes both home and professional teeth whitening to give you the best esthetic results. Due to its unique and powerful formula, Opalescense by Ultradent can remove the most resistant teeth stains, even the notorious Tetracycline stains, which cannot be removed with most tooth whitening materials available for professional or domestic use.
The Opalescense by Ultradent Teeth Whitening System
The Opalescense by Ultradent process stands out from other teeth whitening products due to two factors. Opalescense by Ultradent custom bleaching trays make a very effective barrier between the gel inside and the saliva in the surrounding space. Thus, the chemical can remain effective for much longer producing much better results. Because of the effectiveness of the trays, a powerful concentration of the chemical goes into the gel without posing any risk to your gums.
How is Teeth Whitening Performed?
Teeth whitening, if performed by a qualified and experienced dental professional, is a safe and harmless procedure. At Lifeworks Dental, we use a whitening system which is based on both home and in-office teeth whitening.
- At Home Teeth Whitening – First, our Memorial Area Dentist will make an impression of your teeth to prepare the whitening trays. We will provide you with whitening trays and a formula, which you will have to use at home for about two weeks.
- In-Office Teeth Whitening – in-office whitening, our Houston Dentists at Lifeworks Dental use a more potent bleaching formula which provides amazing results even in a single sitting. Depending on the severity and type of teeth stains, some patients may require more than one visit for in-office whitening.
What to Expect After Teeth Whitening?
Generally, there are no side effects of teeth whitening. However, while you’re enjoying your pearly white teeth and charming looks, you may feel slight tooth sensitivity or discomfort for a few days. There is no need to worry about it, as it will go away in a few days. Our best dentist in Memorial Area will also apply a fluoride varnish to prevent sensitivity of the teeth. You can also fluoride containing toothpaste for a few days after teeth whitening.
Getting beautiful, shiny white teeth has never been easier! Visit us at Lifeworks Dental for professional teeth whitening, and get dazzled with the remarkable results, that too in a single sitting with our dentists, Dr. Kini Tran and Dr. Kim Nguyen. In addition to being a state of the art family dental practice, Lifeworks Dental also specializes in providing general and cosmetic dental treatment to the residents of Memorial Area TX. So, what’s stopping you? A beautiful smile, and a perfect oral health awaits you at Lifeworks Dental!