Beautiful Smiles with Dental Bonding in Spring Branch & Memorial, Houston, TX
Beautiful Smile with Bonding
Do you feel embarrassed smiling in front of people because of your stained and crooked teeth? You don’t have to hide your smile anymore. At Lifeworks, we can help you get your smile back with composite bonding. Bonding is a cosmetic procedure in which will give you a brand-new smile by placing a tooth-colored resin filling on your chipped or discolored teeth.
Who Can Benefit from Bonding?
At Lifeworks Dental TX, we recommend dental bonding for the correction of following cosmetic problems:
- Permanent Teeth Stains – most teeth stains are present only on the outer surface of teeth and can be easily removed through professional teeth whitening. However, stains which are incorporated into teeth during their development cannot be removed. In these cases, we use bonding to cosmetically hide these defects.
- Broken Teeth Restorations – At Lifeworks Dental, we also use bonding to restore the esthetics of teeth that were fractured either due to an accident or tooth decay. Once we are done restoring your teeth with bonding, you will observe a remarkable improvement in your smile and self-confidence.
- Excessive Gaps Between Teeth – teeth gaps, also known as a diastema, not only ruins your smile but also creates problems during eating and speech. A diastema can be easily corrected by cosmetically filling the gap with bonding.
- Tooth Reshaping – if you are not happy with the shape or length of your teeth, then you can certainly benefit from composite bonding. By using dental bonding, we will give you a perfect set of teeth and a smile that you always wanted.
- Replacement of Amalgam Fillings – amalgam fillings do not have a pleasing appearance due to their metallic composition. In addition, various concerns have been raised regarding the toxic effects of mercury present in these fillings. Therefore, we recommend that you should get your old amalgam fillings replaced with safer and aesthetically pleasing composite fillings.
What to Expect During the Procedure?
Dental bonding is a simple and quick cosmetic dental procedure. Our Memorial Area Dentist will first prepare the tooth by removing the cavities, following by cleaning and the etching the with a mild acid. Afterwards, the resin the filling will be placed and shaped according to the tooth structure. Finally, an LED light will be used to harden the material. After the material sets hard, it will be polished to a smooth finish and luster. The whole procedure takes less than thirty minutes and can be easily completed in a single sitting, even if multiple teeth are to be bonded.
What are the Benefits of Bonding?
Are you still wondering why you should prefer composite bonding over other dental fillings? Here are some benefits of dental bonding:
- Excellent Esthetics – composite fillings provide the best esthetic results among all types of restorative materials. That is why at Lifeworks Dental, we recommend bonding for the restoration of teeth.
- Cost-Effective – among other types of cosmetic restorations like veneers and porcelain crowns, bonding is a cost-effective and less time-consuming procedure.
- Conservation of Tooth Structure – one of the biggest advantages of bonding is that minimal natural tooth structure must be sacrificed in this procedure. As a result, more tooth structure is available to support the filling.
- Safety – unlike the silver amalgam fillings which are not considered safe. Research has shown that composite fillings do not have any adverse effect and can be safely used in the oral cavity.
- Reparability – in case the composite filling gets damaged, it can be easily repaired. Visit us as soon as possible, and we will restore it in no time.
How Long do Composite Fillings Last?
The clinical service life of bonded composite fillings depends on various factors, especially on chewing habits and oral hygiene status. If you maintain optimal oral hygiene and visit us regularly for checkups, then you can expect the bonded fillings to last for more than five years.
Resin bonded fillings are not recommended for people who have a habit of excessively grinding their teeth. In such cases, we recommend porcelain crowns which are stronger and more abrasion resistant. Alternatively, you can use night mouthguards to protect your teeth from wear due to excessive teeth grinding during the day or while you are sleeping.
Best Memorial Dentist in Town!
Are you looking for the best dentist in the Memorial Area? Look no further. Lifeworks Dental provides quality dental services under one roof. Our dentists, Drs. Kini Tran and Kim Nguyen possess years of general and family dentistry experience and are well-known and respected among the residents of Memorial area. They are also known for providing gentle dental services to the residents of Houston TX. So, what are you waiting for? Visit us today and let us give you the smile of your dreams!