Dental implants are the next best thing to the natural teeth. Missing teeth with dental implants at Lifeworks Dental are not only long-lasting and durable, but they also have a lifelike appearance and excellent esthetics. This is why at Lifeworks Dental, we consider dental implants as one of the best options for replacing missing natural teeth.
What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is simply a metallic fixture shaped like a screw, which is inserted surgically into the jaw bone and serves as the root component of an artificial tooth. To complete the artificial tooth structure, we will attach a suitable prosthesis over the implant such as a dental crown, removable denture or a fixed dental bridge, after the implant has firmly anchored itself into the bone.
Why are Dental Implants So Successful?
One of the best features of dental implants which make them superior to any other tooth replacement option is their ability to form a direct contact with the surrounding jaw bone, thereby enhancing its retention, stability, and longevity. This process is known as osseointegration and it is the primary reason behind the success, durability and long clinical life of dental implants.
Who can benefit from Dental Implants?
Dental implants can be used for replacing missing natural teeth in a variety of clinical situations:
- Single Tooth Replacement with Dental Implants – dental implants serves as one of the best options for replacing single missing teeth. After the implant has become fully embedded itself within the bone, an aesthetically pleasing porcelain crown is attached to it, thereby restoring tooth function as well as facial esthetics and smile.
- Multiple Teeth Replacement with Dental Implants – for replacing two or more missing teeth, we will attach a removable denture or a dental bridge over the implants. Another good thing about dental implants is that there is no need for using an implant for each missing tooth. Rather, an implant can support up to 3 or 4 artificial teeth.
- Full-mouth Rehabilitation with Dental Implants– when it comes to replacing all missing teeth in a jaw, dental implants prove to be much superior to the conventional removable dentures in terms of retention, esthetics, and durability. A minimum of 4 or up to 6 or 8 implants are placed strategically inside each jaw to support a fixed dental bridge. Such a prosthesis is known as an all-on-four implant supported a denture.
- Smile Makeover at Lifeworks Dental – for individuals who are not happy with the shape, size or appearance of their teeth, dental implants can be used to provide a complete smile makeover and give them a smile which they always dreamed of.
What is the Process of Getting Dental Implants at Lifeworks Dental?
Getting a beautiful smile with dental implants at Lifeworks Dental is quite easy and simple! Although multiple visits may be required during the process, we will make sure that you remain comfortable and pain-free during each step.
- Initial Clinical Evaluation – to assess whether you are a suitable candidate for getting implants, we will perform a detailed clinical examination, in addition to evaluating your study models and x-ray images of your teeth. At Lifeworks Dental, we have a state of the art Cone Beam CT (CBCT) machine which provides accurate images of your jaws that are helpful in your treatment planning and providing you with the most esthetic tooth replacement.
- Surgical Procedure – on the day of your appointment, the surgeon will make you pain-free by administering local anesthesia. First, the surgeon will make an incision over the area where the implant is to be inserted, and a surgical flap will be raised to expose the underlying bone. Afterward, the implant will be screwed into position by applying controlled and precise forces. The surgeon will use a special software which utilizes CBCT to evaluate and guide the surgeon in placing the implants by free hand or prepare a customized “implant surgical guide” for each patient, which ensures that the implant is placed exactly where it has been planned.
- Implant Loading – after implant placement, the surgical site is allowed to heal for about 3-6 months, and to make sure that the implant has become fully anchored within the bone. Afterward, a suitable prosthesis, depending upon the number of teeth to be replaced is attached to the implant. This process is known as delayed implant loading. In certain cases, Dr. Tran and Dr. Nguyen at Lifeworks Dental may choose to perform implant loading immediately after implant placement. This is known as immediate implant loading.
In case of very complex implant cases, we also utilize the services of a periodontist or an oral surgeon, to provide the best dental care to our esteemed patients.
What are the Benefits of Getting Dental Implants?
When compared with other tooth replacement options like removable dentures and bridges, dental implants provide the following benefits:
- Superb Esthetics – lifelike and esthetically pleasing artificial teeth can be attached to dental implants, which significantly improve your smile and self-esteem.
- Durability – implants are made from high-quality titanium alloys which are not only safe for use inside the oral cavity, but they also tend to last a lifetime with good oral hygiene and regular maintenance.
- Improved Efficiency – unlike the removable dentures which provide poor chewing and speech capability dental implants allow you to eat and speak just like your natural teeth.
- Safety – Titanium alloys used for making dental implants are quite safe for use inside the human body, and they do not carry any significant health issues like toxicity or allergic reactions.
So, are you ready to enjoy a beautiful and long-lasting smile? Visit us today to discuss the possibility of getting your missing teeth replaced with tooth implants at Lifeworks Dental, and dental implant cost. We look forward to seeing you at our office!