Porcelain Veneers in Spring Branch, Houston, TX
Getting the smile of your dreams has never been easy! Say hello to dental veneers. Veneers are thin shells made of porcelain, which are attached to the front surfaces of teeth to give you a beautiful smile and perfect looks. Dental veneers are a durable and more esthetic alternative to composite bonded fillings
Who Can Benefit from Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are an ideal option for masking cosmetic and structural defects of the teeth. You can benefit from porcelain veneers if you are seeking treatment for any of the following problems:
- Stained Teeth – veneers can be effectively used for masking stains which cannot be eliminated through professional teeth whitening We will exactly match the shade of the veneers to that of your natural teeth so that they are virtually indistinguishable from each other.
- Crooked and Chipped Teeth – at Lifeworks Dental, we use veneers to restore the shape and aesthetics of fractured or chipped teeth. They are also ideal in cases where the cosmetic defect is too large, and composite bonding is not possible.
- Cosmetic Correction of Teeth Gaps – if you cannot afford orthodontic treatment for getting rid of your teeth gaps, then we have another cost-effective option for you. In some cases, we will be able to cosmetically restore the gap between your teeth by attaching veneers over them.
- Altering Shape of your Teeth – veneers can also be used to restore the function and esthetics of abnormally sized teeth. You will be amazed by the remarkable improvement in your smile once we are finished restoring your teeth with veneers.
How are Veneers Placed?
Before giving your veneers, our Memorial Area Dentist will first carefully examine your teeth and evaluate their x-ray images to ascertain whether you are a candidate for getting veneers. Next, we will remove a thin layer of enamel (the outer covering of teeth) from the teeth to create room for the attachment of veneers. An impression of the prepared teeth will be made and sent to the laboratory.
In the next appointment, we will first try the veneers on your teeth without permanently attaching them, to check the fit and esthetics. When you are satisfied, we will attach the veneers permanently to your teeth with an adhesive cement.
Why Should I go for Veneers?
Although veneers cost slightly more than the composite fillings and other direct composite restorations, their high cost is offset by their numerous benefits:
- Durability – veneers are prepared from porcelain, which makes them longer lasting and much more resistant to the degradation in the oral cavity.
- Esthetics – since veneers are prepared in the laboratory, their shade and color can be exactly matched to your natural teeth, thereby giving you a natural and attractive smile.
- Functional Restoration – veneers not only restore your facial esthetics, but they also improve the functional efficiency of your teeth, allowing you to chew and digest your food more efficiently.
How Long Do Veneers Last?
Like all other forms of artificial teeth restorations, the durability of veneers is dependent on how you maintain your oral health. If you take care of your oral hygiene and visit us regularly at Lifeworks Dental for checkups, your veneers can last for up to twenty years, or even longer!
Caring for Your Veneers
- Avoid Hard and Sticky Foods – Since veneers are attached to your teeth with an adhesive, they can come off if you try to bite on hard foods directly with your veneered teeth. Also, avoid using chewing gums or other sticky foods, as they can dislodge the veneers.
- Take Care of Your Oral Health – makes sure that you maintain an immaculate oral hygiene, especially where you have veneers. Do this, and your veneers will last for a long time.
- Nightguards – we also recommend using nightguards to protect your veneers from damage due to excessive night or daytime tooth grinding.
Porcelain veneers are the answer to all your cosmetic dental problems. Visit us today to discuss the possibility of getting a new smile with porcelain veneers. Our Dentists, Dr. Kini Tran and Dr. Kim Nguyen are trained and experienced in procedures regarding cosmetic and restorative dentistry and have been serving the community in Memorial Area TX for many years. If you’re looking for the best dentist in Houston TX, then you have come to the right place!
Visit us today for a pain-free and gentle dental experience, and drive away with a charming and attractive smile!