Lumineers in Spring Branch, Houston, TX
Minimal to No Preparation Veneers/Lumineers
At Lifeworks Dental, we believe that a Hollywood smile is not just for the celebrities! Minimal prep veneers offer a convenient and painless option for getting a gorgeous smile without affecting your natural teeth.
What are Lumineers?
Lumineers, or minimal prep veneers are ultra-thin shells made from porcelain. Unlike the conventional veneers which require removal of considerable natural tooth structure for their attachment, the minimal prep veneers are so thin that in most cases, they virtually don’t require any tooth removal. Although lumineers are much thinner than the conventional veneers, they are much stronger and durable. This is because they are prepared from a special porcelain which makes them long-lasting.
Who can Benefit from Veneers?
Whether you’re getting married, have a job interview or you’re just not happy with your smile, Lumineers are your best option to get a naturally beautiful smile in just two visits. the cosmetic options offered by minimal prep veneers are endless! Let’s look at what they can do for your smile:
- Perfect, Pearly White Teeth – for teeth stains which cannot be removed through professional tooth whitening, we recommend the minimal prep veneers. Why? Because they will permanently mask the stains and give you a sparkling white and attractive smile.
- Cosmetic Closure of Teeth Gaps – if you don’t want to wear the unsightly and uncomfortable braces for the treatment of teeth gaps, then you still get a perfect smile. We will restore your smile by attaching minimal preparation veneers which will cosmetically fill these gaps, making your teeth perfectly shaped and aligned.
- Restoring Old Dental Work – one of the best things about Lumineers is their ability to be attached on top of old crowns or bridges, thereby giving you a fresh smile without having to replace your previous dental work.
- Tooth Reshaping – minimal preparation veneers allow for the cosmetic reshaping of the teeth without excessive natural tooth structure removal. Hence, you will have nothing to lose, and you will get a natural and attractive smile in return.
How are Minimal Preparation Veneers Prepared?
At Lifeworks Dental, we will give you the smile of your dreams with Lumineers in just two visits.
- The First Visit – During the first visit, our Houston Dentist will make an impression of your teeth. Sometimes, a very thin layer of enamel may need to be removed. However, in most cases, Lumineers can be directly attached to the teeth. At this stage, you, in consultation our Memorial Area Dentist, will decide which shade will be best for your smile and facial esthetics. We will then send this impression to a certified dental laboratory for fabrication.
- Final Visit – during the next visit, we will check your minimal preparation veneers for their fit and esthetics. Afterwards, we will permanently attach your custom-made lumineers to give you a wonderful smile.
Why Should I Choose Minimal Prep Veneers?
Lumineers are the new, improved, and stronger form of veneers! Here are a few reasons why they are the best cosmetic option for restoring your teeth:
- Long Life – minimal prep veneers are designed to last for a long time. If you take good care of your oral health, your lumineers can serve you for more than 20 years!
- Tooth Conservation – lumineers require minimal tooth preparation for their attachment. Therefore, they preserve natural tooth structure. Also, there is no need for anesthetic shots in case of Lumineers.
- Minimal Chances of Tooth Sensitivity – since a negligible amount of tooth structure is removed for attachment of no prep veneers, sufficient thickness of enamel remains to protect the teeth from becoming sensitive to hot or cold foods.
- Excellent Esthetics – minimal prep veneers are prepared from a unique porcelain which is extremely strong but is also very translucent. As a result, they produce excellent esthetic results when they are used for tooth restorations, in comparison to veneers or bonded restorations.
Making Sure Your Minimal Prep Veneers Last for a Long Time
Despite their excellent strength and durability, the long life of minimal prep veneers depends on how you care for them. The most important requirement is optimal oral hygiene, because teeth cavities and gum problems can markedly reduce the life of the Lumineers. We also recommend that you use mouthguards at night to prevent the minimal prep veneers from damage during sleep, especially for those who have a habit of excessive tooth grinding during sleep.
It does not get any simpler than this! Book an appointment with our dentists, Dr. Kini Tran and Dr. Kim Nguyen for an in-depth consultation. Drs. Tran and Nguyen have been serving the Houston area for many years, and are well-known for their excellence in cosmetic and general dentistry. At Lifeworks Dental, we are truly a family dentistry practice and we treat each patient as a family member. Our friendly and welcoming dental team will make sure that you a pleasant, comfortable, and gentle dental experience during your visit. So, what’s stopping you from getting a Hollywood smile with minimal prep veneers at Lifeworks Dental?