Smile Makeover / Full Mouth Rehabilitation in Spring Branch, Houston, TX
Complete Smile Makeover/Full Mouth Rehabilitation
What is the first thing about you that people note? Most often it is your smile. A good smile is an absolute necessity for social acceptability and workplace effectiveness. Most people believe that a good smile significantly improves your chances of landing a job. So, what should a person do if he or she does not can restore your smile and even improve it even if all possible cosmetic dental defects have occurred including loss of teeth! Or if a good smile has deteriorated due to some reason? No worries! Because modern cosmetic dentistry has the solution for all your problems. A complete smile makeover at Lifeworks Dental will give a smile that you always dreamed of!
What is a Smile Makeover?
A complete smile makeover is a combination of dental restorative and cosmetic procedures together aimed at giving you the best possible improvement in your smile compatible with your dental health, your cosmetic preferences, and your financial priorities. It is a dental science executed artistically by a team of experts. The results of your investment will depend largely on how carefully you select the dentist.
Getting a Smile Makeover at Lifeworks Dental
A complete smile is not limited to a few dental operations. The process will employ as many dental procedures as may be necessary to give you the best possible smile. The exact list of procedures required for a complete smile makeover will be decided by our dentists, Dr. Kini Tran and Dr. Kim Nguyen. Some of the aesthetic aspects of a complete smile makeover at Lifeworks Dental include:
- Improving Teeth Shade and Color – an essential ingredient of a charming and beautiful smile is sparkling white and pearly teeth. Unfortunately, excessive intake of coffee, tea or tobacco can stain the teeth and ruin one’s smile. These teeth stains are removed at Lifeworks Dental through a professional teeth whitening procedure.
- Correcting the Shape and Size of Teeth – for individuals who are not happy with the shape or size of their teeth, we have the following cosmetic options that are used during a smile makeover:
- Veneers and Lumineers for masking permanent teeth stains or reshaping crooked teeth
- Porcelain Crowns for reinforcing grossly damaged teeth
- Inlays and onlays for the esthetic restoration of teeth with large cavities.
- Bonding – during a smile makeover, we restore chipped or crooked teeth by through bonding. This process involves the use of a tooth-colored resin material which is directly bonded to the tooth structure for the restoration of teeth cavities and small structural defects.
- Implants – by far, the most reliable and aesthetic option for replacing missing natural teeth are dental implants. That is why we use implant supported removable or fixed dentures for restoring dental function and facial esthetics during a full mouth rehabilitation. For patients who have lost all their natural teeth, we recommend an all-on-four implant supported a fixed bridge, which replaces all teeth in a jaw by getting support from only 4 implants in each jaw.
- Gum contouring and Gum Bleaching – another important aspect of a beautiful smile is healthy, pinkish and normal sized gums. For patients who have excessively large or small gums, we restore them to their natural and optimally aesthetic position through gum surgery. Furthermore, for individuals who are concerned about the dark shade of their gums, we lighten the tone by using gum bleaching and slight gum scraping.
- Invisalign – Invisalign is a convenient and cosmetic solution for straightening misaligned teeth. We will give you removable aligners for each jaw which you will have to wear for about 14 days. After two weeks, you will switch to another set of aligners which will continue to align your teeth. This process will go on until your teeth have been repositioned and aligned optimally.
- Orthognathic surgery – sometimes the reason behind an asymmetrical smile is the poor alignment of the jaw or facial bones. In these cases, our oral surgeon will restore smile and facial esthetics by surgically aligning the jaws or bones together.
What Steps Are Involved?
Generally, the following major steps form part of a complete smile makeover. These are, in sequence:
- Impressions, Photos and records taken
- Planning, and preparation
- Rest and recovery
- Additional Visits if necessary.
The first and the foremost step is to take impressions of your existing teeth and bones along with visual examination, photographs and possibly X-rays. A highly accurate wax model of your teeth is then made, which is then used to plan your smile makeover and to prepare the prostheses which will be used during the process.
We will use the wax models of your teeth, along with your current photographs and x-ray images to plan a smile makeover that best suits your aesthetic and functional needs. During this process, Dr. Tran and Nguyen will discuss with you the available options, and help you in deciding on an option that is best for you.
During this planning stage the following considerations are important:
- The number of missing teeth and their locations.
- The location of teeth which need fillings, crowns, onlays, inlays, etc.
- Tooth color and shade- Fillings and veneers will have to match.
- Alignment and spacing of your teeth.
- Length, proportions, and uniformity of existing teeth.
- Your smile-line.
- Whether treatment of cheeks and lips is required to minimize aging effects.
Esthetics considerations normally over-ride other considerations. A day or two before we begin the smile makeover, we will give you a detailed overview of the steps involved in the process. You should go with your teeth as clean as possible to reduce the work of the dentist.
Rest and recovery
A suitable recovery period may be required in some major surgery was involved during a smile makeover. Any discomfort can normally be treated with over the counter medication. Additional visits may become necessary in case of some patients to ensure proper adjustments.
How much does a Complete Smile Makeover Cost?
The cost and duration of a complete smile makeover are not fixed. Rather, it will be decided during the planning phase when working on the wax or digital model, and will depend on the number of cosmetic or restorative procedure required for your treatment. Our dentists will give you a good estimated cost during a preliminary appointment.
A complete smile makeover demands a considerable amount of your hard-earned money. It is important to try to extend the life of your smile. Adopt the following:
- Good oral hygiene including brushing, flossing practiced regularly. Rinsing will supplement flossing and brushing.
- Regular inspection visits to make sure you retain your brand new smile for a long time
- Avoid any abrasive kinds of toothpaste and use of hard brushes as they can damage your veneers or crowns.
- If advised by our dentists, wear night guards, or mouth guards, if you are involved in contact sports.
- Minimize use of tea, coffee, alcohol, and tobacco.
- Do not eat between meals.
A complete smile makeover/ full mouth rehabilitation treatment is not only aimed at giving you a beautiful smile, but it also focuses on improving your overall dental and physical health. This is because only a healthy mouth can give you a beautiful and lasting smile. If you are ready to enjoy a brand new smile, then don’t waste any time and book an appointment with our dentists right away. A smile of your dreams awaits you at Lifeworks Dental!